Tuesday, 10. July 2012
I have used Swiffy for 6 months in order to convert flash animation to HTML5. From my experience, I summarized pros and cons.
- Can display most Flash assets. If the tool can’t, it reports that it is not supported so we make Flash assets which are supported.
- It is an active project. It is usually released once a month with bug fixes and enhancements.
- Slow. It is not only Swiffy problem. HTML5 renderering is slow on some old browsers.
- No communication channel with developers. There is the only feedback form which is not responded.
- No command line tool
- Can’t select runtime version. We have to use only the latest version.
- Not run on Android 2.3 and below. It is because its default browser doesn’t support SVG. Firefox/Opera browser is OK.